“It is time to think of your retirement and plan it now to enjoy your retired life.”
The NSB Pension + retirement plan can be designed just the way you want. It can get ready in complete control and if you are ready to face life after 55 with a spring in your stride. We provide a steady source of income, along with a host of other distinctive benefits that will open up a world of possibilities, allowing you to enjoy the best of life after retirement.
What is NSB Pension+ ?
A unique retirement benefit scheme for the general public introduced by your family bank – NSB.
Who can join the NSB Pension+ Scheme?
Any Sri Lankan citizen who is over 16 years of age.
How to invest in NSB Pension+ ?
This is a flexible scheme and you can invest any amount at any time at your discretion and convenience.
Is it possible to make a lump sum investment?
Yes, certainly you can. A bonus or a gratuity or any windfall can be invested.
Is it possible to remit in foreign currency?
Yes, in any foreign currency those are legal tender in Sri Lanka and can reap the benefits in Sri Lankan Rupees.
How to make the contribution?
Can contribute in cash, by cheque or by standing order.
How safe is the investment?
- All the deposits with NSB and interest earned thereon are fully guaranteed by the Government of Sri Lanka.
- Our credibility and strength are further assured by the AAA Rating from Fitch Rating Lanka.
What are the benefits can obtain until the age of 55 years?
- A minimum contribution of Rs. 50,000/- will make you eligible to claim medical expenses maximum up to one million on critical illnesses in every 5 years.
- Discount of 50% for the processing fee charged on loans granted by NSB.
- Rebate on 1% of the group personal loans if the employers contribute on behalf of their employees.
- Hassle free housing loans for regular monthly contributors.
NSB Pension + is now a recognized overseas pension scheme by the U.K. government. This is with effect from 12.08.2008 and any Sri Lankan or expatriate Sri Lankan who has a dream of returning and enjoying retirement in Sri Lanka and can transfer his/her pension fund to NSB Pension + easily. The reference number for this recognition is QROPS 502035.
If the deposit is in Sterling Pounds, US Dollars or Euros. The rates of interest payable are as follows:
|GBP 250 or multiples thereof||2.25% p.a|
|Deposits less than GBP 250||1.25% p.a|
|Euro 500 or multiples thereof||1.08% p.a|
|Deposits less than Euro 500||1.00% p.a|
|USD 500 or multiples thereof||3.00% p.a|
|Deposits less than USD 500||2.00% p.a|
Are there any other benefits?
- The NSB Pension+ scheme has the nomination facility.
- You are entitled to an attractive rate of return comparatively to the market rates.
- ATM Card to make deposits and check the balance.
How to be eligible for the Pension after reaching 55 years of age?
As soon as you reach the age of 55 years you are entitled to receive a pension or you can postpone till the age of 60. In order to be eligible for the pension, a minimum balance of Rs: 100,000/- should be in the account.
The pension can be in the form of,
- a life time pension and the nominee benefiting with the residual value or
- a periodic pension over a specified period of time with no residual value or
- the entire balance as a lump sum or a combination of any of the above
The Choice is yours!! ! Visit any of our NSB outlets.
Please refer following for detailed Terms and Conditions.
- Pension+ Conditions English
- Pension+ Conditions Sinhala
- Pension+ Conditions Tamil
- Downloads Pension+ Application Form
For more details call NSB Call Centre- (+94 11 2379379) 24 Hour Service