Securities Investment Account
NSB now operates SIA accounts enabling those who are abroad to invest in Sri Lanka at an attractive interest rate.
Who can open an account?
Foreign Institutional Investors (FII) including country funds, regional funds and mutual funds, corporate bodies incorporated outside Sri Lanka, Citizens of Foreign States resident in or outside Sri Lanka and Sri Lankans residing overseas.
What are the guidelines for SIA accounts?
This is a savings account where deposits are to be funded by Inward remittance/s and can be maintained in LKR, USD, AUD, EUR & GBP.
How to open a SIA account?
- For Individuals
- Kindly mention the Account name as “ SIA “ on the application and submit to one of our NSB Representatives
- KYC (Know your customer application form)
- Fax and E-Mail Indemnity Form – (Mandatory submission with new Application)
- Annexure I,II,III (Mandatory submission for US Citizens)
How to remit money to SIA account?
- Inward remittances received from abroad directly through international banking channels.
- Transfer of funds from Non – Resident Foreign Currency Accounts (NRFC), Special Foreign Investment Deposit Accounts (SFIDA), Resident Non – National Foreign Currency Accounts (RNNFC), Securities Investment Accounts (SIA), and Non –Resident Non – National Foreign Currency Accounts (NRNNFA) maintained with NSB or any Licensed Commercial Banks (LCBs) and accounts maintained at an Off-shore Banking Unit (OBU) in an LCB by the account holder.
- Foreign currency in the form of bank drafts or currency notes brought in to the country by the account holder on declaration to Sri Lanka Customs, as applicable, during visits to Sri Lanka of the account holder and tendered in person to NSB, provided that the drafts have been issued by a bank outside Sri Lanka.
- Fund transferred to the credit of an SIA by a Licensed Commercial Bank (LCB) which received as inward remittances for an eligible investor.
What are the securities that you can invest in?
- Shares (both listed and unlisted)
- Treasury Bonds
- Treasury Bills
- Units in Unit Trust
- Setting up of place of business as Overseas Companies (OC)
- Immovable Property
- Loans to residents extended under the External Commercial Borrowing Scheme (ECBS) or loans extended under a special permission granted by Controller of Exchange to the borrower.
How you can check your Account
To register in Internet banking
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT
National Savings Bank,
Tel : + 94 11 2332043
+ 94 11 2332292
+ 94 11 2332018
+ 94 11 2332142
Fax : +94112332136
E-mail : email@example.com
NSB Call Centre: +94 11 2379379 (24 hours service)
Our SWIFT Code is “NSBALKLX”
For more details contact NSB Call Centre- (+94 – 11 2379379) 24 Hour Service